BRAVE / Architecture, the 2018 AIA Firm of the Year, is looking for the right individual to join this progressive and growing firm located in Houston’s Museum District. Candidates should have some experience in similar positions at professional firms.
For this full-time position, the selected candidate will be the first point of contact for callers and visitors, including clients, collaborators, and vendors. The position also requires providing support to multiple people within the firm as we provide professional services to diverse clients with the final goal of delivering excellence.
The successful candidate should be organized, comfortable multi-tasking, and be detail-oriented. He/she should also enjoy building relationships with a diverse group of people, and take initiative to problem-solve and find efficiency in processes.
We offer competitive benefits, as well as the opportunity for growth within our firm’s unique culture. Work hours are 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM, with a one hour lunch break at 1 PM. Passion for architecture and design are a plus.
• Experience working in a similar professional services environment
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to take initiative, work independently and monitor progress of assignments without being reminded
• Flexibility to undertake tasks that may be presented on a moment’s notice
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills
• Professional business correspondence experience
• Customer service-oriented attitude
• Engaging personality, with an upbeat and positive attitude
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Authorization to work in the United States
• Verifiable recent references
• Manage phone calls
• Organize and schedule appointments
• Check and organize mail and coordinate deliveries
• Input data and manage digital project files
• Organizing and update general office and project files
• Assist Business Administrator, Project Managers, and Marketing Coordinator with specific administrative project tasks
• Assist with the typing of proposals and contracts under the direction and supervision of the firm’s Principals
• Help keep projects team on track with deadlines and client follow-up
• Order office supplies and ensure availability of stock
• Order kitchen and pantry supplies and ensure availability of stock
• Draft proposals and handle email/phone communication with clients and vendors
• Manage the office’s recycling program
• Lead the organization of office celebration events
• Other duties as assigned
Please submit resume and references to email@example.com to apply.
BRAVE / Architecture is looking to immediately hire full-time architectural designers with 1 to 3 years of local (USA) architecture experience.
We are seeking motivated and self-starting individuals who are interested in being part of a team working on varied project types. Applicants must be creative, detail oriented, and able to communicate effectively, both graphically and verbally. Skills sought include the ability to handle design tasks and to lead the completion of construction documents with light supervision. 5-year Architectural Degree from an accredited school of architecture is required. Candidates should be actively pursuing completion of the IDP required for registration.
Preferred experience is in civic, educational, institutional, and commercial projects. Proven ability to work on all areas of the profession from the early stages of programming and schematic design to production is a must. Applicants should be committed to excellence in service, and be looking to grow professionally within this dynamic and unique casual studio.
The firm offers an excellent benefit package including profit sharing. Please submit statements of interest, including detailed resume and portfolio of work, by email only. A strong individual portfolio is a must. Resumes not meeting the stated criteria will not be considered.
Proficiency with Revit is required. Expertise with other programs such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, SketchUp and other 3D modeling software is preferred.
DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS OPENING UNLESS YOU HAVE PRECISE QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION. WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY CONSIDERING ANY APPLICANTS WHO DO NOT PRECISELY MATCH THE QUALIFICATIONS LISTED HERE.
Please submit resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.